Tuesday, October 27, 2009
The Piano Lesson
The Piano Lesson by August Wilson I believe the piano is one of the main characters. Most of the reasons the families argument is because of the piano. Berniece wants to keep it because it holds a special memory about her family’s history. On the other hand Boy Willie wants to sale it to get more money to buy the third half of the Sutters land. If the piano was not a big deal in this play there would not be a play that’s why I believe the piano is one of the main characters. In this play the conflict over the piano is compelling because the main focus is on the piano and what the Charles’s family should do with it; should they sell it or should they not? The piano tells the history of the Charles family. That’s how the readers know that the piano is important to them. Over all I would not sell the piano because it’s would not be in the family for this long if it was not important.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment