Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Berniece

The Piano Lesson written by August Wilson, Berniece is one of the main characters in this play. I find Berniece very interesting, the first thing I found out about her is that she really does not like Avery the same way he likes her. I believe she likes Lymon because he kissed her and she did not push him away, she went in for the kiss as well. I do like Berniece, just for the fact that she comes off to me as an independent woman and also that she does not need a man to complete her. I find Berniece the type of women that does not give up like most women would probably back in the day; she fights for what she believes in. The reason I think that is because in the play Berniece is contently fighting with her brother Boy Willie for the piano to stay at the house and not sale it and give it away to some random folks for money. While read I still feel the same way about her, I still think what Berniece believes is right and what she stands for is 100% correct. This lady stands up for her own beliefs and sticks to her word. The one thing I really don’t agree with her is that she won’t touch the piano. I believe the piano should stay in the house with the family, but at the same time she should play it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment